Friday, May 1, 2009

Stickin' Cute


Oh, the bug was so cute today.  We were up at 6:30 a.m. getting ready for the day.  That part wasn't so cute.  But, daddy had some appointments that we had to take him to and pick him up. So, the bug and I saw it as an opportunity to go shopping.  I'm redoing the bathroom, so we went to Menards to pick out paint chips.  Well, did you know that there is like the coolest play yard at Menards?  I didn't know this until we went to check out the garden section.  We came upon this huge playset.  Mind you, the bug has never been in a real swing.  In fact, come to think of it, he's never even been in an infant swing- I failed to set it up.  I have failed as a mother!  Anyway, well, there may be some saving grace to my title...all of the anticipation built up to this moment:  The bug's first swing ride.  It was the cutest moment.  I strapped him in.   1...2...3... Swing!  Oh, he just giggled and giggled and giggled.  The look of pure joy on his face was priceless.  We must have swang (swung, swinged??? they all sound pretty funny) for 5 minutes, which is a long time for my little guy!  It was such a fun moment.

Maybe we all just need to go swing on the play set at Menards and forget about all of life's troubles for 5 minutes.

Well, I did fail as a mother.  I didn't have my camera!  (That's why there's a random tub photo up).  Jim said "You are the mother of a 1 year old.  You need to have a camera with you at all times!"  Oh, by the way, I think he will be "Mr. Fixit" from now on.  He's got quite the line up for the weekend: Yard, vehicle #1 (won't start), vehicle #2 (making embarrassing noises), towel bar in the bathroom, and, and, and...

4 comments:

  1. I have a couple of comments:
    #1 You can bring Miles to our house for a swing under our deck anytime.

    #2 Jim should buy you one of those really tiny, but good quality cameras that will fit in your purse. That's what I'm holding out for at least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'stinkin cute' is RIGHT! And I agree....we all need to take time to swing on a swingset! Come to think of it - I think we have a tire swing in the side paddock - I'll be checking it out today to see if the branch will hold me or not.

    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. well little girl, that may have been the first "i've failed as a mother" but it surely won't be the last! and it doesn't stop when the baby is a full grown adult either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, dear sister, if that is failure we are all doomed. I think you are doing a fine job because you took the time to enjoy the swing when you found it. That was success!! Live on and take a mental picture. You described the moment beautifully. I could imagine it. I love ya!! Keep Mr. Fixit busy, hope we see you this year. Your Favorite Sister-in-Law, April

    ReplyDelete