Friday, May 22, 2009

It's Back!














I am so thrilled that spring has sprung! My perennials are coming back from last year. This may not sound blog worthy, but it is to me! Many plants have gone before me- prematurely, long before they were due to expire. I've spent 3 years trying to get plants to grow in front of the house, but the house faces north. To make matters worse, the roof extends over the rock garden. Our good friends gave it a shot last year and planted some salvia and a few bushes. They all seem to be doing well! Look, they live on...another year! I was about to pull out the landscaping and make a front porch if the plants didn't survive. Oh, by the way, the middle plant was my indoor plant that I just had to experiment with!

Our landscaper, E, has been hard at work pulling up another flower bed. She said it went faster than she thought, so we may get more work done this summer than we originally planned! I know Mr. Fixit has a growing list for this weekend, but I'm going to see if he might love me enough to help me build my raised bed for the vegetable garden. Should be pretty simple to do.

We enjoyed company with our friends tonight. The boys went to the park, and the girls made supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment