Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Friday's Hilarity


So, here's the end to our Friday last week:

Remember how the bug and I were having such a great time? We were doing some major shopping damage- Menard's, Kohl's, Hobby Lobby, etc etc. Meanwhile, car #2 continued to make these embarrassing noises. I called Mr. Fixit and asked him if we should make a stop at the car dealership and test drive some new vehicles. He declined.
Well, it was 5:00, so we picked him up from work. We were at one of the busiest intersections in town (Friday....5:00pm) and wouldn't you know car #2 broke down!! I mean broke down. Like shut-off-I-don't-even-want-try-to-start-up-again kind of broke down. So here we are. A family. 5:00pm Friday. Stalled. Busy intersection. Left turn lane. 20 cars behind us. Mr. Fixit talking to AAA on the cell. Tow truck will take 40 minutes. Can't put the baby in the tow truck. Calling a friend for a ride. Signaling the 20 cars behind us to go around. Bug sleeping. And I didn't have my camera!
I got the giggles and couldn't stop while the bug and I waited on the sidewalk for our friend, and Mr. Fixit sat in the car, in the left turn lane, at 5:00, on Friday. (Am I being redundant?) I did snap a shot on the cell phone, but I'm not smart enough to upload it to the computer.
You will have to use your imagination.

We made it home. No working vehicles. Ordered Pizza. Mr. Fixit went to work on car #1 until about 11:00pm. Thank goodness he fixed car #1 over the weekend!

Bug spent the weekend working hard on teeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment