Tuesday, June 16, 2009

What a mess...

I love nap time! I know, I sound like a broken record.

Anyway, the home-front is completely torn up. We're getting new roads in the development, and they are redoing the waterlines (or something like that). It wouldn't be so bad, except last night we got a nice rain shower. Which meant very muddy roads this morning. Bug and I took Mr. Fixit to work, and I nearly got stuck on the way out of the driveway. The roads feel like quicksand! On our way back, we decided to park in a church parking lot about 2 blocks from our house and walk home...in the rain...in our jammies...Bug weighing more than usual with a heavy diaper...me with fuzzy hair and no makeup...neighbors all on their way to work...lovely!

*I just went to the door to take a photo of the mess, and the poor neighbor boy got stuck on his bike right outside of my house. He's cursing his bike and the ground below him. I just don't have the heart to take a photo of this!*

We're gearing up for vacation (sort of). Mr. Fixit and I are chaparoning a high school adventure trip. Bug gets to spend some good quality time with family! Then we'll be headed out west for my dear friend Robin's wedding. Just making the annual tour of the midwest, I guess!

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I know EXACTLY what muddy roads you speak of. I can't believe you walked it. You're an adventurer, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete