Thursday, August 6, 2009

Bug, Garden, and Flowers

If anyone speaks Milanese, could you contact me? He's so unhappy this morning. I think it's teeth, but could be anything- tummy, ears, not enough sleep, bad dream, hungry, etc etc etc? Wish the little Bug could just tell me or show me. I decided on a nap as nothing made him happy. Not even reading a book or playing with a ball!

Very excited that Grandma Bug is coming to visit! She flies in on Friday! Bug is looking forward to time with her. I'm looking forward to learning a few things from her- she's a bread maker, so I plan on having her teach me the ins and outs of bread making.
I'm so thankful for many reasons, but here's one: Bug learned to fold his hands. If I say "Should we pray?" He folds his hands. We have a large prayer list so we pray so many times together during the day for our friends and family. (They may be short and to the point...but I don't think that God minds). His favorite books are the faith, bible, and prayer books from Great Aunt Sue!
I hope that he grows up knowing and having a heart for the Lord.

The garden is coming along nicely. I hope that the tomatoes turn red. They are pretty green right now. Also, Ellen is almost finished with the beds in the back!! She planted last weekend. We have an assortment of perennials and bushes including potentilla, russian sage, coneflowers (one of my favorites!), stonecrop, balloon flower, day lily, and black-eyed susan.




2 comments:

  1. Wow that is going to be so nice when you get the bark laid out - get Mr. Fix it to move those sprinklers!!!
    Love ya,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photos. Such a pretty backyard.

    ReplyDelete