Friday, July 10, 2009

Boot Camp

I'm in boot camp.

You heard it right, I'm in boot camp. Aunt Kris is doing a 6 week boot camp challenge toward a healthier lifestyle. So, I joined. My first task over the next week is to make a list of why I joined this scary and unpredictable challenge. Secondly, no sugar for 1 WHOLE day! And thirdly, 3 aerobic workouts this week! I think I can....I think I can...I think I can...I think I know I can....I think I know I can...I...I...I....

Well, my family is taking mini-steps toward a healthier lifestyle. We've begun milling our own wheat and making our bread. We are in beginning stages. Yesterday I made 1 loaf, 2 mini loaves, and a dozen dinner rolls from one batch of "Slightly Sweet but very easy Whole Wheat Bread."

Here's my wheat. We have hard red, hard white, and kamut in this recipe.

The milling process...which I think might count towards 20 minutes of aerobic activity, thank you very much!
And the ingredients.
Does honey count as sugar? I'm going with no, but somebody let me know if I'm wrong.

2 comments:

  1. sorry, but honey is a super saturated sugar solution. nice try at bluffing your way past the drill sergeant. from personal experience this is NOT an easy thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lot of work - but I'll take a loaf anytime you want to hand-deliver one. Remember you only have to go one day without sugar - so enjoy your bread the other 6 days!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete