Saturday, April 25, 2009

25 Things About Me


Well, this has been going around with some of my friends for awhile, so I thought I'd take this opportunity for you to get to know me a little better! We'll see if I can get to 25! P.S. my Aunt Kris took this photo of Miles and I last summer.

25 Things About Me

1. I have lived in 5 states: MN, SD, IA, OK, ND.

2. I was definitely a strong-willed child. Ask my mom any day. Then she had the nerve to pray that I would have a child like me! I hope God wasn't listening to her that day...

3. Speaking of God, I grew up in the church, but did not ask Jesus to become part of my life until I was 17.

4. I was a camp counselor for 2 years in southwest Minnesota.

5. I met my husband at that summer camp!

6. I am a very proud mama to the cutest, sweetest, charming, little guy on the planet (no biases!).

7. Jim took me on my dream vacation- a 3 week backpacking trip through Europe. We traveled through Germany, France, Switzerland, Italy, and Czech Republic. I can't wait to go back and see more someday!

8. My sister and I became awesome friends after she turned 18. There is 5 years difference between us.

9. I am very interested in healthy natural organic living. But I will forever love Dr. Pepper, chocolate, and 409.

10. I am an labor and delivery nurse.

11. I am a certified lactation counselor (aka I help mothers and their babies with breastfeeding)

12. I threaten my dogs almost every day that they are going to go to camp (read previous posts).

13. I do love my dogs.

14. I have read the Twilight series...I know...I get a lot of guff for it too.

15. I love painting with oils. But have not done it for years.

16. I'm addicted to Target. I frequent there at least every other day.

17. I don't have cable TV in my home.

18. I love hymns.

19. I have been to quite a few concerts. My favorite was going to Bon Jovi with my old high school friends!

20. We plan to adopt some of our children.

21. My best friend Rachelle and I live 3 hours apart. We usually average an hour phone conversation daily during Sesame Street or nap time.

22. I'm mostly Norwegian and Swedish.

23. I once made my sister eat dog food- I told her it was really good, and she believed me!

24. My cousin Carin and I have mooned a cow. (Actually, we made my sister do it too!)

25. I'm feeling like this was a huge waste of time to write 25 things about me...like you really care, right!?

3 comments:

  1. I really care and I had fun reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, he has grown like a weed since we took those pictures!

    Thanks for sharing your list of 25 - I learned new things about you darlin'.

    ReplyDelete