Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Doing Well!


After 1 1/2 hours in surgery, he was finally out! We were getting very concerned because we were told that he would be about 30 minutes. Well, once they decided to take out the adenoids, they had to start an IV and intubate him. They had much trouble getting an IV in. It took at least 15 pokes, and they finally got one in his foot. He's got 10 little poke marks on his hands alone! Thank goodness he was asleep and I wasn't there! Then during the case the endotracheal tube became obstructed. Apparently they noticed this because his heart rate dropped significantly and oxygenation began to drop also. So, they had to place a new tube.

And the findings:

1. He still had "Glue Ear" pretty severely.
2. The first set of tubes were in REAL good and took a lot of work to get out.
3. The new set of tubes are in REAL good and supposedly are not going anywhere.
4. After all the work on IVs and intubation, they got his adenoids out without any troubles.
5. God gave me strength not to go APE on the nurse anesthetist and anesthesiologist after I saw all the little holes in my baby's hands, wrists, arms, and feet.
6. I was very appreciative that things are getting taken care of.
7. I think that our son is trying to end up in a medical journal. I told him that he might as well give up on that melarky, because it's not going to happen.
8. We're still going south! We leave tonight or tomorrow for the big city and fly out Thursday!

4 comments:

  1. We will miss you!!! When will you be home?? Can you bring me home some warm??? Thank you!! Glad to see the little bug is doing so well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutest kid in a hospital I have ever seen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy, I can sure see a lot of his mama in those pictures - and I guess some of his dadda. Hopefully not medical journals - it will be smooth sailing from here on out. Make sure and bring the ear plugs to Flordia and no dunking!
    Love
    Nana

    ReplyDelete